Sunday 8 September 2013

About Ciara O Donnell Photography

CIARA O’DONNELL PHOTOGRAPHY
Tralee, Co Kerry, Ireland

Ciara O'Donnell Photography
Ciara O'Donnell

Creative & Diverse – Professional Photography
I work as an Event, Wedding and Portrait Photographer, in the Munster Area – Kerry-based, but my work takes me anywhere.

Originally from The Curragh Camp, Co. Kildare I moved to Kerry last year with my family, where I have been working with local businesses, individuals, preschools and fashion retail outlets on a frequent basis.

I photograph people, primarily. That is what interests me.
Portrait Photographer Kerry Ireland
Erica Gimbell, Actress and Singer


Erica from “Fame” was in Dublin filming the “Fame Academy” TV show. I was asked to take her portrait for publicity. She used this image on her new CD for release in Japan in 2010



kerry wedding photography


roz purcell Miss Ireland Model


wedding photography kerry Ireland


A Professional & Creative Irish Photographer
I have always been creative, for as long as I can remember and was making things with my hands from a very young age.

I always studied art outside of school hours, learning life drawing from a very young age, all the way through college.

After a brief interest in Architecture, I realised I needed more than that could offer me, I trained as a Designer in Hertfordshire for 3 years before moving on to study Production Design for Film in the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin and graduating with the first class of Production Designers ever to come out of Ireland. I went straight into RTE to work as a Production Designer where I remained for 5 years.

I was trained in all new technologies while there  – AutoCAD – learning from the very start how to work as part of a team and how the world of television production works.




ireland photographer



Freelance Art Director
In 2000 I took the decision to become freelance – this opened me up to the world of Film Production.

I worked as a freelance Art Director for over 12 years.  During this time Photography always played a major role in my life. I always kept up with technology and had a good camera as well as the many old ones I collected along the way! My daily work required me to have and be able to use a camera well, as part of every job I did. Photoshop, Illustrator and other editing software were part and parcel of my everyday work. So I was always up to speed on software too. I went as far as to work as a graphic designer on some of the films I worked on. I decided to re-train as a photographer in 2008 after realising I wanted to try to pursue it as a career. I was already using my photographs for my work, why not crank it up a gear…

In 2008 I graduated with a Higher Diploma (Distinction) in Photographic Media from Griffith College Dublin at night, while still working.

Freelance Photography
So I became a freelance photographer, and now almost exclusively work in that field. Thankfully my new qualification excellerated me into the photographic work as I already had so many production contacts in Film and TV.

When I moved out of Dublin,  it allowed me to work as an events photographer in the community and with local businesses.
Wedding Photographer Kerry Ireland


ireland photography restoration





dingle Ireland

 www.ciaraphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment